By Lana M
I sometimes wonder about the conflict and upset that seems to perpetually exist within the Independent field. I think it is a natural progression that as people move away from the Church of Corporate Scientology, for whatever reason, they sit back and reassess what their values and codes are. They look at what they believe and what they feel they have been misled on. And they establish new stable datums for how they wish to proceed into the future.
I know for myself that conflict was created between me and my ex, as I wanted to blow the whistle publicly on corruption and violation of rights within the Church, and he felt strongly that I should remain quiet and let the “church handle it internally”. He strongly disagreed that I declared independence from the Church – and felt I was losing my “eternity” (ie. my access to the OT levels) in doing so. Yet my own integrity was that if I do not take responsibility to do something about the situation, then I am sitting on my hands while the church burns — which to me was a far greater overt. Heck, I had not moved on the Bridge in 17 years, and since I made this decision the door opened up. So there must be something to be learned in that lesson.
There are independents who work dedicatedly to blow the whistle on the Church – and others who work to deliver the tech and make it available to those outside of the Church walls. There are some who have decided that they are no longer a Scientologist, or that they are above that, and so they have a new code that they follow.
I still hold the code of a Scientologist as my stable datum – and what I determine is right or good or survival activity for me and my dynamics. And that means not just taking one point and working on that – but trying to get each of those points in. It is an ongoing effort – and I aint there yet – but steadily making improvement, and life seems to improve to the degree that I do.
Interestingly the Corporate Church of Scientology no longer follows this code. And that was my ARCX that led me to leave the Sea Org, and ultimately to announce publicly that I won’t support that organization. To me, this code, details the principles, purposes and reason why I became and still remain a Scientologist.
CODE OF A SCIENTOLOGIST
As a Scientologist, I pledge myself to the Code of Scientology for the good of all.
1. To keep Scientologists, the Public and the Press accurately informed concerning Scientology, the world of Mental Health and Society.
2. To use the best I know of Scientology to the best of my ability to help my family, friends, groups and the world.
3. To refuse to accept for processing and to refuse to accept money from any preclear or group I feel I cannot honestly help.
4. To decry and do all I can to abolish any and all abuses against life and Mankind.
5. To expose and help abolish any and all physically damaging practices in the field of Mental Health.
6. To help clean up and keep clean the field of Mental Health.
7. To bring about an atmosphere of safety and security in the field of Mental Health by eradicating its abuses and brutality.
8. To support true Humanitarian endeavors in the fields of Human Rights.
9. To embrace the policy of equal justice for all.
10. To work for freedom of speech in the world.
11. To actively decry the suppression of knowledge, wisdom, philosophy or data which would help Mankind.
12. To support the freedom of religion.
13. To help Scientology orgs and groups ally themselves with public groups.
14. To teach Scientology at a level it can be understood and used by the recipients.
15. To stress the freedom to use Scientology as a philosophy in all its applications and variations in the humanities.
16. To insist upon standard and unvaried Scientology as an applied activity in ethics, processing and administration in Scientology organizations.
17. To take my share of responsibility for the impact of Scientology upon the world.
18. To increase the numbers and strength of Scientology over the world.
19. To set an example of the effectiveness and wisdom of Scientology.
20. To make this world a saner, better place.
L. RON HUBBARD FOUNDER