By Milestone Two Moderators
The purpose of this blog and the purpose of Milestone Two has been expressed clearly. It is well published and you can find details on our blog pages and on our website.
When conversations/commentary/discussions on the MS2 blog are routinely led off topic to debate things that are not in accord with the MS2 purpose, we consider this a dramatization of what LRH tech handles — or it is simply trolls trying to cause trouble.
Either way it is a distraction and drives our readers away, while at the same time it can cause confusions in the field – or undermine the basic stable datums that people have.
This is not a playing field for a minor few who have agendas not in alignment with the group purpose and goals.
Our apologies (from the moderators) if our oversight and control has not been tight enough on this specific point.
Our moderation policy has been simple, and is repeated again here:
1. This blog is run by and for, a community of people who want to see that the LRH aims for Scientology are met. There is no affiliation or connection with the Church of Scientology — and our readers and contributors come from all walks of life and each have their own perspective and reality on LRH and on Scientology. We have people who have been excommunicated, persons who have been off-lines, and also persons who are “under the radar” and still in good standing. All are welcome to write articles and to post comments. In fact, any person is welcome to read and post on this blog — as long as they keep in mind this purpose and the audience
2. This site is unquestionably “with LRH”, meaning that we will not tolerate generalities, attacks and natter about the man — which we have found, every time, is borne in ignorance or through false information provided by ‘sources’ that are themselves false.
3. This is not a hate site — and good manners and politeness are expected. No one expects that everyone agrees, as life is made of many different view points. But to be clear — this is an Open House, and persons who enter and then shit and vomit all over the carpet and guests, are escorted out. Just makes sense really. There are many places for people who are disgruntled, nattery, critical and in a games condition regarding the subject of Scientology. This site is not one of them.
4. The first few posts an individual submits only appear after a moderator has read them. That individual’s posts thereafter appear immediately as long as he respects the basic policies of the blog.
5. Posts which violate the basic policies of remaining on topic, being reasonable, and polite to authors and other posters, result in the poster being “put in the corner” – his or her posts are again screened before appearing.One can redeem oneself and be let out of the corner simply by following the basic protocols expected.
6. Posters who continuously violate policies are simply banned. Their posts are not even read for screening.
The Supreme Court many years ago ruled that there is an enforceable legal difference between legitimate free speech, and intentional disruption. At a press conference, for example, a reporter may ask pertinent pointed questions, but he cannot ‘heckle’. One may write a critical review of a play or movie, but one cannot disrupt the audience.
The distinction is one of reason and judgment, with consideration for the rights of many to enjoy their thoughts and activities, peacefully and un-offended, compared to the rights of one or two to their right to express their opinions (even if worthless).
If someone gets the notion to “sing along” during a performance of one of Mozart’s operas, he may be asked to leave (regardless of his opinion as to the quality of his singing), or ejected with the use of necessary force, and he may not then charge those who ejected him with assault.
So to reiterate — this is not a hate site. This is a safe space for Scientologists and will continue to remain so.
Thank you to the vast number of well-intentioned, intelligent, honest, polite and communicative individuals that make up our audience and writers.