There have been repeated details coming to us from all over the world of Scientologists, both new and old, being put onto the Survival Rundown (formerly known as Objectives) and being forced to run hundreds, if not thousands of hours on it. There are several examples that I have learned of where people have been on the Rundown not for weeks or months, but for years.
“The PURPOSE of CCHs is to bring the pc through incidents and into present time. It is the reverse of “mental auditing” in that it gets the pc’s attention exterior from the bank and on present time. By using Communication, Control and Havingness this is done. If you make present time a snarling hostility to the pc, he of course does not want to come into present time and it takes just that much longer to make the CCHs work.
“You do the CCHs with the Auditor’s Code firmly in mind. Don’t run a process that is not producing change. Run a process as long as it produces change. Don’t go out of two-way comm with the pc.
“Complete every cycle of the process. Don’t interject two-way comm into the middle of a cycle, use it only after a cycle is acknowledged and complete.
“Don’t end a process before it is flat. Don’t continue a process after it is flat. …
“Know what’s going on. Keep the pc at it. Keep the pc informed. Keep the pc winning. Keep the pc exteriorizing from the past and coming into present time.
“Understand the CCHs and what you’re doing. If it all deteriorates to mere ritual, you’ll take 25 to 50 times the time necessary to produce the same result i would.
“The auditing is for the pc. The CCHs are for the pc. In auditing you win in the CCHs only when the pc wins.” LRH HCOB 5 April 1962, CCHs, Auditing Attitude
What worries me is that the Church of Scientology seems to have taken the wonderfully simple processes of the Objectives and turned them into some ritual and robotic process without regard to their purpose and not doing them FOR the preclear. Yes, this is a generalised statement and I am sure this is not the case everywhere, but there have been enough examples of this come to the surface that it does not seem to be more than a few isolated examples.
Some of the out-tech and arbitraries within the Church of Scientology’s delivery of the Survival Rundown that I have become aware of include:
- A Supervisor insisting that the preclears continue on each individual CCH/Survival Rundown process for at least 3 -4 hours to “give each process time to bite”.
- Stating “the way out is the way through” when a person has been on a process for an extended period of time, feels they have achieved the EP of that process and has protest and upset relating to it.
- Adding more and more processes to the Rundown, creating a never-ending hidden standard of what is to be achieved.
- Co-audit twins not sufficiently trained or grooved-in on EPs or session admin, so when release with cognition is achieved, it is not noted on the worksheets and the Supervisor then insists on the process being continued.
- Reviews done when there was upset, but not doing a Scientology C/S One first, so the preclear has confusions on what an e-meter is, how it works, what is expected as a preclear, or even how a correction list works. With no proper Scientology C/S one, misunderstoods left unhandled on words that directly relate to the phenomena the pc is experiencing (such as the word exterior).
- D of P not trained on using the meter, so does D of P ‘meetings’ instead — off the meter.
- Ignoring originations of exterior.
- Changing the ability gained on the Objectives from LRH’s “Oriented in the present time of the physical universe” to Dave Miscavige’s “Oriented in the present time of the physical universe with new perception, awareness and control of one’s environment, body, mind, thought and people.” (maybe this is how he can get OTs to agree to go back and spend hundreds of hours re-doing the first step of the Grade Chart).
The good news is that an Objectives Correction List cleans up all the upset, bypassed charge and protest connected with being run to the moon and back and here in the field, if you come across a preclear who has been subjected to out-tech on the Survival Rundown, this is the way to resolve it.
Here is a Success Story recently sent to me:
“Having the process flattened that I had attention on was a huge relief and I’m glad to have fully completed the action with absolutely no doubts as to its purpose and the wins from it. I know I’ll have more success in life now and that this final step has been handled.” PP